Wednesday, December 27, 2017

About tomorrow ... I mean today

...........Singing Tomorrow, tomorrow I love you tomorrow you're only a day away...... I didn't get to sing Karaoke tonigh!! because karaoke night is on Wednesday LMAO. My apologies yall but that is funny!!! If only you could have been there to my cousin and I. Our faces when we walked in the empty place with a few powder faces sitting at one table ....I'm tickling pink. lol Makes me think back to this Karaoke competition I was once a part of, at this place called Irish Pub. My Lord is this going to be a lot of detail so pay attention or you'll have to start again RIGHT HERE.
Some time ago in the year of these twenties 20.....? I heard on the radio there was a singing contest at Irish Pub. The best Karaoke performer would win free studio time with whatever the studio was??? The name really didn't matter to me...and so goes independent artistry. I just wanted to record something! So I went to the competition the second week with my then fiancĂ©. Who had played on my compassion for my brothers who have not broken away from the Willie Lynch mentality. Thank you father God I know now its not my job to fix. thank you Lord for fixing me! BUT! Anyway this aint about him or me its about the journey. I don't remember what I had on but I do remember I felt gorgeous. point to ponder........that being said I walked in and the music scratched! I was totally oblivious of the fact that I had just introduced Melanin to a room where some had never seen sun rays. I didn't check to see if the atmosphere was welcoming. You can't stop the sun from shinning at the break of day. So I went to the bar. The bartender sends me to the DJ booth. I give the DJ Lady my information as I turn around I hear him say " What THA F you say" my head voice said " Oh SHhhh.. don't say it!"  My mouth blurted. "OH Jesus !" What's going on? Before I know it Five security guards are standing in front of us. The DJ Lady, Myself and my then man, who had just uttered the words "WTF you say" New Orleans was definitely in the building with me. I'm just saying. lol  I saw the security pushing an irate man away from us. his words started to become clear. He chanted "Yall niggers need to get out of here!" Yall don't belong in here! " I'm not gonna stand for it!" " I can't believe yall aren't saying anything!!! The man went on and on!!! The owner told him he had to leave. Or he might have left? either way light and darkness can't dwell in the same place. As he was being escorted out...The owner lead us to courtesy seats, exclusive drinks included. Nawlins begans to tell me. The irate man asked him. " Are you  and your nigger chick lost." He thought the man was talking about the football game. so he just laughed and grinned, thinking it was in reference to his team. and the man said it again. " Are. YOU. AND your nigger lost" Nawlins said "WTF You JUST SAY?! I gotta pause to laugh yall. One thing I must say. It took a lot but Nawlins sat there with me because I meant I wasn't leaving. until I finished singing... as I sat there and sipped on my drink and he orders whatever he can think. I think about the ways that were paved for me to have the right to sing at this bar. the counter top scars. I wanted to cry...but I held it in my soul as I listened to the other artist. People were approaching me periodically to say "We don't believe in what that man was saying. Yall are welcome here" In the other ear I hear. We need to leave now! You got me in here! my peace, who gone be waiting?  Nawlins was being verbal security with constant whispering.  He continued his mummer with  "Now what if they kill us when we get outta here?" I started to notice the people that stayed and agreed with the ignorant man but weren't bold enough to say anything. Then,  I hear my name " TiMori Lynn you up! DJ Lady proceeded to play " The Jefferson's theme song. "You moving on up." I wasn't for the humor! But I laughed it off with a smooth, elegant " stance dance" to the microphone. She had hanging  over her boxed in podium. I walked to the middle of the dance floor. I put down my head. The music began. I lifted my head and tears poured from my soul. In that moment I learned how to channel and let go. I opened myself up to allow all who where present, witness a beautiful souls secrets unfold in  notes. Creating a mist of ecstasy and peace. immaculate relief to see......... I'm so ecxited about today because its now Wednsday! God is blessing my life far greater than karaoke.  SOooo that was that experience. I didn't mention my husband in this entry but God did give me a wink to let me know he's paying attention. God or the husband?  What words do you use to describe a silent kiss? Yes and Amen. Praise God I know what day it is! It still tickles me pink to think I thought today was yesterday. Now its today rejoice and be glad in it! That's all, that's it. Be blessed. Amen again

No comments:

Post a Comment